Sunday, June 9, 2013

Possessorship



This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 100. Here is what I learned.

Know that the Lord is God. He made us, and ·we belong to him [or not ourselves]; we are his people, the sheep ·he tends [of his pasture]. Psalm 100:3 (EXB)


Know (perceive, recognize, and understand with approval) that the Lord is God! It is He Who has made us, not we ourselves [and we are His]! We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Psalm 100:3 (AMP)

Ownership: legal right of possession; proprietorship, possession; use of, possessorship.

Often I like to think I’m in control of my life. However, as much as I’d like to THINK, I’m in control, I am not. For God, who created me, has ownership of me..... He should, since I am the “work of His hands” (Isaiah 64:8)

Since God has the authority and is has rightful possessorship of me, doesn’t it make sense that I’d be willing to follow Him and His specific plan for my life? 

Possessorship. God does own me, not once but twice. He created me, and He bought me with the blood of His Son Jesus Christ. And God will not handle His “merchandise” lightly. He truly loves and cares for and about the people He created. 

I have to say, that in light of the past few weeks, this is a great comfort. Since the most recent surgery, I’ve had some additional pain, and the Doctors aren’t sure what is causing it. 
But God has complete possessorship of me, and He knows exactly what is causing the pain, and He has a He has a specific plan and purpose for me. Knowing that I am HIS, allows me to have full confidence that God is doing what He sees best to accomplish His plan. 

To create a positive day, I need to relinquish control of my life to God who ultimately His has the rightful-possessorship.

No comments:

Post a Comment