Monday, June 10, 2013

Tried and True


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 111. Here is what I learned.

All His accomplishments are truth and justice; all His instructions are certain. Psalm 111:7 (VOICE)

In all he does he is faithful and just; all his commands are dependable. Psalm 111:7 (GNT)

·Everything he does is [The deeds of his hands are] ·good [faithful; true] and ·fair [just]; all his ·orders [precepts] ·can be trusted [are faithful/true/reliable]. Psalm 111:7 (EXB)

Dependable. I’m so thankful that God is dependable and that all His commands are dependable.

Reliable, responsible, always there, carrying the load, certain, constant, faithful, good as one's word, loyal, rocklike, secure, stable, staunch, steadfast, steady, sturdy, sure, to be counted on, tried, tried-and-true, true, trustworthy, trusty, unfailing. 

No matter how you say it... God is trustworthy. He Himself if trustworthy, and He only speaks truth. Tried-and true. 

Knowing that there is Someone you can always count on to keep their word, provides an assurance that is indisputable. God doesn’t say things to “make us feel good”. Nor does He say things because it’s what WE want to hear. Rather God only speaks truth. 

Often, we place are faith in people, then we are disappointed with they don’t follow through or when they don’t live up to our expectations. But although people have good intentions and don’t always mean to break their promises, people are not always dependable. 

Whereas, God keeps all His promises. He is truth, and can only speak truth. He is trustworthy. He can be counted on. He is steadfast. He is tried and true! 

To create a positive day, I only need to place my faith in God and His Word—for He is tried and true and so is His Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment