Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The First of each Month, I'm studying Psalm 67. Here's what Treasure I found today.
The earth has yielded its harvest [in evidence of God’s approval]; God, even our own God, will bless us. Psalm 67:6 (AMP)
As I read Psalm 67 this morning, verse 6 caught my attention, especially the phrase, “God, even our own God.” I had to stop and think about that. God, Elohim, meaning very great and mighty, is “mine”. That means that I have a personal relationship with Him!
Not only does God KNOW me, I can know Him. It’s an amazing thought—that my God is personal!
Just looking at a (partial) list of the names of God I’m glad I know Him!
- El Chaiyai: Living God, God of my life (Jeremiah 10:10; Psalm 42:2)
- El De’ot: The God of knowledge (1 Samuel 2:3)
- El Echad: The one God (Malachi 2:10)
- El Emet: The God of Truth (Psalm 31:5; Isaiah 65:16)
- El Gibbor: The strong and mighty God (Jeremiah 32:17, 18; Isaiah 10:21)
- El Haggadol: The great God (Deuteronomy 10:17; Nehemiah 8:6)
- El Kakkodosh (Elohim Kedoshim, El Kadosh): The Holy God (Joshua 24:19; 1 Samuel 6:20)
- El Hanne’eman: The faithful God (Deuteronomy 7:9)
- El Sh’maya: The God of the Heavens (Nehemiah 1:4-5; Psalm 136:26)
- El Kedem: Eternal God (Deuteronomy 33:27)
- El Mauzi: God of my Strength (Psalm 43:2)
- El Mishpat: God of justice (Isaiah 20:18; Malachi 2:17)
- El Olam: The God of everlasting time; the everlasting God (Psalm 90:1-2; Isaiah 26:4)
- El Rechem: The merciful God ((Deuteronomy 4:31; Nehemiah 9:31)
- El Rah’ee: The God who sees me (Genesis 16:13)
- El Sali: God of my strength, God my rock (2 Samuel 22:47; Psalm 42:9; Psalm 43:2)
- El Selichot: God of forgiveness (Nehemiah 9:17)
- El Tehilati: God of my praise (Psalm 109:1)
- El T’sadik: The righteous God (Isaiah 45:21)
- El Zur: God our rock (Deuteronomy 32:4; Isaiah 26:4)
- El Yishi: God of my salvation (Psalm 25:5)
To create a positive day, all I have to do is remember Who God is, and that He knows me, and I can know Him—God, even our own God—my God is personal!