Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Cheering Loud and Proud


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The Thirtieth of each Month, I'm studying Psalm 92. Here's what Treasure I found today.

They will declare, “The Lord is just! He is my rock! There is no evil in him!” Psalm 92:15 (NLT)

Declare: certify, declare, be conspicuous, stand boldly out, explain, praise.
For (that): forasmuch, inasmuch, whereas, assuredly.
Just (upright): be upright, well-pleased, righteous, straightforward.
Lord: of deity Yahweh.
Rock: a cliff, strength, strong, support and defence.
Is no: much less, nay, neither, never, no, without, literally in the condition of no.
Evil (iniquity): injustice, unrighteousness, perverseness, unjustly, wickedness, to act wrongfully. 

As I read Psalm 92:15 this morning, what first came to mind are all the protests, marches, riots happening around the world. People are boldly proclaiming something, although not always something good. 

I also thought about sporting events (football, NASCAR, etc). We proudly wear our favorite team colors and our favorite player's/driver's number. Some even are very conspicuous as they go so far as painting their bodies in the their team's colors. Seems like we are never ashamed of cheering for our favorite team, driver, or player. We cheer loud and proud—often even when they continue to lose. 

Am I being conspicuous about my God? Do I stand out boldly and share His goodness? Am I ashamed of my God? Am I cheering loud and proud for Him? 

I should be proud to talk about God, not because of what He’s done for me (although He’s done so much!) but simply because of WHO He is! Yes, there is that phrase again which shows up often in my Ponder Morsels. When life is good and going along smoothly, it’s easy to say, “God is good. God is awesome.” But just because my circumstances change, God does not. He is still good. He is still awesome. 

So often God gets “blamed” for when bad things happen. Why? Simply because we don’t understand how a “good God” could allow suffering. But that (suffering) is ultimately the result of sin. In God there is no evil,  He cannot act wrongfully. He is just. And why do we think, when we cannot fully comprehend all that God is and Who He is, that we can understand fully what He is doing? 

Even if we don’t understand, that does NOT change the fact that God is straightforward righteous and He is a strong support for us. There is literally no wickedness or injustice in Him. 

He is a friend without fault, a helper without fail. Whatever he may do with us, he is always in the right; his dispensations have no flaw in them, no, not the most minute. He is true and righteous altogether. The Treasury of David

To create a positive day, I need to be conspicuous about my God! I need to be cheering loud and proud about His goodness and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment