Thursday, January 31, 2013

Surgery Day

Today I'm scheduled for my 11th Back Surgery. For those of you who are new to my blog, here's the short version of the past 12 years. 


  • Oct 2000: coughed and herniated a disc in my lower back.
  • April 2001: Surgery 1, hemilaminectomy and diskectomy at L5/S1 level
  • Nov 2001: Surgery 2, Fusion L5/S1 level
  • Aug 2002: Surgery 3: Surgery hardware (left) removed (screw worked way through the bone, damaging nerves/muscles)
  • March 2004: Surgery 4: Re-do the Fusion L5/S1
  • Oct 4, 2005: Surgery 5: Spinal Implant Stimulator Trial, implant wires
  • Oct 11, 2005: Surgery 6: Spinal Implant Stimulator Trial, removal of wires
  • Oct 18, 2005: Surgery 7: Spinal Implant Stimulator (permanent placement of wires; so we thought)
  • Oct 24, 2006: Surgery 8: Spinal Implant Stimulator repaired/new battery
  • Feb 06, 2007: Surgery 9: Spinal Implant Stimulator Paddle Wire placed (wires removed)
  • Nov 10, 2009: Surgery 10: New Battery for Spinal Stimulator
  • Jan 31, 2013: Surgery 11: Spinal Implant Stimulator Trail, testing new wires


In between the surgeries, there have been numerous tests, treatments, etc. Although I live with chronic back and left leg pain, and headaches, I can honestly say that God is good. He has proven time and time again that He loves me.
He has a purpose and a plan for me and that includes living with chronic pain/headaches. Why? I think because He is using the pain to first teach me more about Himself. Secondly, He is using the pain the introduce me to others. And lastly, because He knows that this is the best way for me to accomplish His will, which is sharing His love with others. 

No matter who I'm feeling or what I'm facing, God is good all the time, and all the time God is good! God does not change based upon my circumstances. He can be none other than Who He is. 

So, today is surgery 11. Wonder what God has planned for today? No matter what it is, I know that God is in control and He is an AWESOME God. And that will create a positive day, no matter the outcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment