Friday, June 14, 2013

He is Greater


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 150. Here is what I learned.

Hallelujah!
Praise God in his holy place. Praise him in his mighty heavens. Praise him for his mighty acts. Praise him for his immense greatness. Praise him with sounds from horns. Praise him with harps and lyres. Praise him with tambourines and dancing. Praise him with stringed instruments and flutes. Praise him with loud cymbals. Praise him with crashing cymbals. Let everything that breathes praise the Lord!
Hallelujah! Psalm 150 (GW)

The first and last of the Psalms have both the same number of verses, are both short and very memorable; but the scope of them is very different; the first Psalm is an elaborate instruction in our duty, to prepare us for the comforts of our devotion; this is all rapture and transport, and perhaps was penned on purpose to be the conclusion of those sacred songs, to, show what is the design of them all, and that is, to assist us in praising God. Matthew Henry

What a great testimony to God Almighty. When you look over David’s life and all that transpired, and read the Book of Psalms which includes struggles, fear, tragedies, triumphs, questions, praise, worship..... it covers all aspects and ranges of life. 

And at the end of it all, David realizes that God Almighty is worthy of praise. 

To create a positive day, it must include praise and honor to God Almighty, for He is greater than any situation or circumstance I find myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment