Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Great Privileges


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 117. Here is what I learned.

Praise God, everybody! Applaud God, all people! His love has taken over our lives; God’s faithful ways are eternal. Hallelujah! Psalm 117 (MSG)

The privilege of these servants: that, as to the Jews, so also to the Gentiles, who know and serve God the Saviour, eternal life and blessedness are brought, assured in this life, and prepared in heaven. Mollerus

I can’t even fathom the great goodness of God. How do I begin to understand Who God is and what He has done and has planned for me? 

Perhaps you are thinking, “But wait, you live in chronic pain... how can you say that God is good?” Because God’s goodness isn’t based on me, or my life on earth. Rather His goodness is based on Him and His plan of eternity. 

If I look at things from my perspective of only wanting to feel good and do things I enjoy... well that’s not even reality. There are things we must do each and every day that we don’t necessarily enjoy. Maybe you don’t like vacuuming, or dusting. Or maybe going to work each day is drudgery. But you still do those things, knowing that it is all necessary. There are times when God allows “bad things” to happen in our lives so that His ultimate will and purpose can be accomplished. But from God’s perspective, they are not “bad things” rather they are only necessary to bring glory and honor to Him, and share His news of salvation. 

Sometimes, God allows things in our lives so that we first of all will recognize God for Who He is–God Almighty. Then we will realize that we are not in control of things, rather He is. And lastly, realize that His purpose and plan is based on eternal outcomes, not just “feeling good” right now. 

Privilege of knowing God.
Privilege of experiencing God’s blessings.
Privilege of serving God.
Privilege of spending eternity with God.
Each of those privileges in and of itself should produce praise to God. And if I consider them altogether, I should be bursting with praise for God Almighty. 

To create a positive day, it’s all about realizing the great privileges that are mine because of God Almighty’s love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment