Saturday, June 8, 2013

Each and Every Day!


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 90. Here is what I learned.

·Teach us [Make us know] ·how short our lives really are [to count our days] so that we ·may be wise [gain a wise heart]. Psalm 90:12 (EXB)

Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom. Psalm 90:12 (NLT)

If you knew you were going to die in 1 week, how would you spend that last week? That is the meaning of this verse. None of us know when we are going to die. Some will die young, some old. The length of time we are alive doesn’t really matter.....but how we spend each and every day...... that is what really matters.

"To number our days." Number we our days by our daily prayers - number we them by our daily obedience and daily acts of love - number we them by the memories that they bring of holy men who have entered into their Saviour's peace, and by the hopes which are woven with them of glory and of grace won for us!  Plain Commentary 
Men are led by reflections upon the brevity of time to give their earnest attention to eternal things; they become humble as they look into the grave which is so soon to be their bed, their passions cool in the presence of mortality, and they yield themselves up to the dictates of unerring wisdom; but this is only the case when the Lord himself is the teacher; he alone can teach to real and lasting profit. Thus Moses prayed that the dispensations of justice might be sanctified in mercy. "The law is our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ," when the Lord himself speaks by the law. It is most meet that the heart which will so soon cease to beat should while it moves be regulated by wisdom's hand. A short life should be wisely spent. We have not enough time at our disposal to justify us in misspending a single quarter of an hour. Neither are we sure of enough of life to justify us in procrastinating for a moment. If we were wise in heart we should see this, but mere head wisdom will not guide us aright. The Treasury of David

Knowing that our lives are short, even if we live to be 90 years old, that is still a brief time in light of eternity. 

Since I have placed my faith in Jesus Christ, I know for a fact that I will be spending eternity with Him. And throughout eternity I’ll be worshiping and praising God. But I shouldn’t wait until I “get to Heaven” to start honoring God! It should start here and now. 

Life on Earth is short, and I should spend each day honoring God for that is what really counts in light of eternity. To create a positive day, is not about making me feel good, rather it is honoring God each and every day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment