Monday, June 3, 2013

The Point of Satiation


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 16. Here is what I learned.

You will teach me ·how to live a holy [the path of] life. ·Being with you will fill me with joy [In your face/presence is the fullness of joy]; at your right hand I will find pleasure forever. Psalm 16:11 (EXB)

Instead, You direct me on the path that leads to a beautiful life. As I walk with You, the pleasures are never-ending, and I know true joy and contentment. Psalm 16:11 (VOICE)

Fullness: satiety (satiate), abundance

Satiate: to supply with anything to excess

Is fullness of joy - Not partial joy; not imperfect joy; not joy intermingled with pain and sorrow; not joy which, though in itself real, does not satisfy the desires of the soul, as is the case with much of the happiness which we experience in this life - but joy, full, satisfying, unalloyed, unclouded, unmingled with anything that would diminish its fullness or its brightness; joy that will not be diminished, as all earthly joys must be, by the feeling that it must soon come to an end. Barnes' Notes on the Bible

I was trying to get comprehend “fullness of joy”.... and my human mind can’t quite comprehend it. I know what it’s like when my Team wins, or when my favorite driver wins. I know what it’s like when something extraordinary happens... like I win a contest, or God supplies a need in a creative way. I know what it’s like when I’m happy for a friend. But each of those moments is short-lived. The joy is based on something that happened. 

The joy that God provides isn’t based on circumstances, situations, rather God’s joy is provided from Himself. He is joy. 

And the presence of God, provides excess joy... abundant joy.... more joy that I can comprehend.. overflowing joy. 

To create a positive day, it’s not about trying to find joy around me, rather it’s about entering God’s presence and accepting His joy to the point of satiation.

No comments:

Post a Comment