Saturday, May 4, 2013

God’s Glasses or Rose-Colored Glasses?


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 19. Here is what I learned.

·People cannot [Who can…?] ·see [detect; understand] their own ·mistakes [errors]. ·Forgive [Clear] me for my ·secret [hidden] sins. Psalm 19:12 (EXB)

Who could possibly know all that he has done wrong? Forgive my hidden and unknown faults. Psalm 19:12 (VOICE)

How can you sin and NOT know it? It’s simple. So often we have become desensitized to sin, that we don’t recognize it as sin. We often view sin from our perspective rather than seeing sin in from God’s perspective. God is holy. He is just. So, in contrast to Him, sin is ugly, disgusting, filthy... it is the exact opposite of God and all that He is. 

If I really want to face my sins and repent of them, I have to stop viewing with my rose-colored glasses and see sin with my “God-glasses”. 

A few years ago, I was in a Bible Study and we read the book, “Respectable Sins; Confronting the Sins we Tolerate” by Jerry Bridges. In his book, he discusses how “sin” has seemed to disappear. We call sin by many names now... rather than what it really is... SIN against a Holy God! 

Who can understand his errors? - It is not possible, without much of the Divine light, to understand all our deviations from, not only the letter, but the spirituality, of the Divine law. Frequent self-examination, and walking in the light, are essentially necessary to the requisite degree of spiritual perfection.
Cleanse thou me from secret faults - From those which I have committed, and have forgotten; from those for which I have not repented; from those which have been committed in my heart, but have not been brought to act in my life; from those which I have committed without knowing that they were sins, sins of ignorance; and from those which I have committed in private, for which I should blush and be confounded were they to be made public. Clarke's Commentary on the Bible

If I want to experience God’s love, I must examine my life with “God’s glasses” and see the sins for what they are... sins. I must then as God’s forgiveness and make changes in my life so that I avoid those sins in the future. 

Each day I have a choice, will I put on God’s glasses and view my life as He sees it, or will I continue to wear my rose-colored glasses and ignore the sin in my life? If I want to create a positive day, and experience God’s amazing love, I must wear God’s glasses and repent of my sins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment