Sunday, April 28, 2013

God is on Watch!


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 121. Here is what I learned.

Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. Psalm 121:4 (AMP)

Not on your life! Israel’s Guardian will never doze or sleep. Psalm 121:4 (MSG)

The sense then is, that as God never slumbers even in the smallest degree, we need not be afraid of any harm befalling us while he is asleep. John Calvin 
God is never exhausted, is never weary, is never inattentive. He never closes his eyes on the condition of his people, on the wants of the world. Albert Barnes

Sleepy: asleep,  comatose, dopey, dozy, draggy, drowsy, heavy, hypnotic, inactive, lethargic, listless, out of it, quiet, sleeping, sleepyhead, slow, sluggish, slumberous, slumbersome, snoozy, yawning.

I don’t sleep as much as I’d like. Pain usually wakes me up several times throughout the night, and often I can’t fall back alseep.  When I get none or very little sleep, it causes me to be very sleepy and slow moving the next day. 

God doesn’t sleep. He doesn’t even close His eyes to ‘rest a moment’. Yet, He is also never tried, or sleep deprived. He’s not inactive. He’s not sluggish. He’s always vigilant and diligent. 

As a human, I can’t comprehend that God never sleeps, dozes, or rests His eyes for a moment. But He is God Almighty and is greater than I could ever imagine. 

I find it a great comfort to know that God is alert and watching over me 24/7. To create a positive day, I only need to rest in peace, knowing that God is on watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment