Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Counting the Blessings


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 67. Here is what I learned.

God will bless us, and all the ends of the earth shall reverently fear Him. Psalm 67:7 (AMP)

God is the source of our blessings; may every corner of the earth respect and revere Him. Psalm 67:7 (VOICE)

God shall bless us,.... The Holy Spirit blesses with regenerating and renewing grace; with faith, comfort, joy and peace, by shedding abroad in the heart the love of the Father and the Son; by applying precious promises; by testifying adoption; by making meet for heaven and happiness, and working up for the selfsame thing eternal glory. Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible 

God shall bless us - He shall ever be speaking good to us, and ever showering down good things upon us. Clarke's Commentary on the Bible

Being blessed by God provides an overwhelming sense of peace. Since surgery, I have to say that although my body is in extreme pain, and I can’t get comfortable, I find myself smiling. For God has blessed me with not only His love, but He continues to send gifts along the way to remind me of His love and that He “knows what I like”. 

Last week, a person sent me a book which she thought I’d enjoy. Now, this person did not know I was having surgery when the book was sent, but God knew that having a new book to read would be perfect following surgery. 

The afternoon, I arrived home from my surgery, I had an email waiting telling me that I won a contest. I won a Larry Dixon Al-Anabi 2010 Champ 1:24 Autographed Top Fuel Dragster NHRA Die cast. It will look great on my Sports Wall. 

Then the past few days, my Ponder Morsels for each day have been awesome for what I needed to focus on and remember. God blessed me with truths to keep my soul refreshed. 

God blesses me in so many ways, and as I think about each blessing, I can easily smile in spite of the pain I feel. 
Counting the blessings God sends my way is not only an easy way, but it’s the best way to create a positive day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment