Sunday, April 28, 2013

Taken Notice of Me!


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 33. Here is what I learned.

The Lord looks down from heaven; He observes everyone. Psalm 33:13 (HCSB)

The Lord looks down from heaven and sees the whole human race. Psalm 33:13 (NLT)

"The Lord looketh from heaven." The Lord is represented as dwelling above and looking down below; seeing all things, but peculiarly observing and caring for those who trust in him. It is one of our choicest privileges to be always under our Father's eye, to be never out of sight of our best Friend. The Treasury of David

“Look at me! Look at me!” Remember as kids we wanted the attention of our parents, teachers, etc. We’d do what we could to get their attention, and then we felt so cool, and awesome that they noticed us... or we “made them notice us”. Now as adults, we often think it awesome, when a celebrity, or sport’s star looks our way or gives us an autograph. Guess we really all like to be noticed sometimes. 

Psalm 33:13 tells us that God notices us, and we don’t have to jump up and down or wave our arms or shout... He simply looks and sees us. 

Lord willing tomorrow, I’ll have my broken spinal stimulator removed. I’ll be the ‘center of attention’ tomorrow. The Nurses, Doctors, and staff will be focused on me! The sad part is most of the time, I won’t be aware of their attention as I’ll be asleep. But I’m thankful that they will be “looking down and seeing me”. 
Yet, better than being seen my the Medical staff, I’m being seen by God! He is carefully watching over me and is aware of all the details happening around me. He is “peculiarly observing and caring for me... and I’m never out of sight of my Best Friend!”  Even when I am unaware of what is happening, I can enjoy peace because God is watching!

To create a positive day, I only need to take a moment to remember, God has taken notice of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment