Saturday, September 7, 2013

Get My Head out of the Clouds


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 43. Here is what I learned.


Why ·am I so sad [L are you downcast, my soul]? Why ·am I so upset [are you groaning/in an uproar]? I ·should [or will] ·put my hope in [wait for] God and ·keep praising [or will again praise] him, my ·Savior [Victor] and my God. Psalm 43:5 (EXB)

O my soul, why are you so overwrought? Why are you so disturbed? Why can’t I just hope in God? Despite all my emotions, I will hope in God again. I will believe and praise the One who saves me and is my life, My Savior and my God. Psalm 43:5 (VOICE)

Why are you sad, O my soul? Why have you become troubled within me? Hope in God, for I will praise Him again, my help and my God. Psalm 43:5 (NLV)

The heavenly Father will not stand by and see his children trampled on for ever; as surely as the sun is in the heavens, light must arise for the people of God, though for awhile they may walk in darkness. Why, then, should we not be encouraged, and lift up our head with comfortable hope? For I shall yet praise him. Times of complaint will soon end, and seasons of praise will begin. Come, my heart, look out of the window, borrow the telescopic glass, forecast a little, and sweeten thy chamber with sprigs of the sweet herb of hope. Who is the health of my countenance, and my God. My God will clear the furrows from my brow, and the tear marks from my cheek; therefore will I lift up my head and smile in the face of the storm. The Psalm has a blessed ending, such as we would fain imitate when death puts an end to our mortal existence. Treasury of David

Hope. Often that word conjures up a longing or a dream, a wish. However, the hope we find in God.... is not a dream or wish. It’s reality based on God Himself. 

Often we dream of better days, a time when everything is perfect—perfect according to our imaginations. However, our perfection is flawed by sin, by our small visions—we don’t look at the big picture, nor do we know what the future holds. 

We we place our hope in God. That is a “know-so” hope based on the solid foundation of God Himself. Hope in God is sure and a true reality, not some wishful dream. 

To create a positive day, I need to get my head out of the clouds and allow my heart to grasp onto the solid hope found in God, Himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment