Sunday, September 1, 2013

Keep Calm!


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 67. Here is what I learned.

Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! Psalm 67:1, 4 

There is are images that is spreading rapidly on the internet that all begin with “Keep Calm and.....” 

As I read Psalm 67 this morning, the phrase found in verses 1 and 4 reminded me of that “Keep calm” image. 

We are reminded twice in this Psalm to pause...stop what you are doing.... and calmly think about a specific truth of God. We are to literally STOP fretting, STOP worrying, STOP everything, and spend time in the peace and calmness of God’s security  and simply think, meditate on who God is and what He is doing. 

Keep calm and ...... ? How would I fill in that blank? Keep calm, I have it under control? As much as I think I do.... I don’t! So, that phrase won’t work. Keep calm, I can handle it? Well, again as much as I think I can handle any situation that arises, I often fall short. 

Keep calm and let God take care of it! Now that is a phrase that is packed with truth! 

To create a positive day, I need to stop, keep calm, knowing full well that God has it all under control! 


No comments:

Post a Comment