Monday, September 2, 2013

The Walls Closing In


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 4. Here is what I learned.

Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness (uprightness, justice, and right standing with You)! You have freed me when I was hemmed in and enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me and hear my prayer. Psalm 4:1 (AMP)

Answer my prayers, O True God, the righteous, who makes me right. I was hopelessly surrounded, and You rescued me. Once again hear me; hide me in Your favor; bring victory in defeat and hope in hopelessness. Psalm 4:1 (VOICE)

Answer me when I ·pray [call] to you,  my God who ·does what is right [is righteous; or who vindicates me]. ·Make things easier for me [Give me room; Widen my way] when I am in trouble. Have mercy on me and hear my prayer. Psalm 4:1 (EXB)

Ever have that “overwhelmed” feeling? You are hemmed in, surrounded? You just want some one to give you room, widen your way? 

There are many reasons why we filled hemmed in. It could be due to our own actions, we’ve backed ourselves into a corner so to speak. Or it could be that we feel overwhelmed by the stress of life. Or maybe the words and actions of others have you feeling surrounded and defeated.

God can provide the room needed.... if we stop and talk with Him, and then step back and allow God to first, change us and our perspectives. Then allow God to accomplish His work and plan. God provides hope in hopelessness, it’s up to us to accept it.

To create a positive day, I need to stop looking at the walls closing in, rather change my perspective and attention to God and accept His hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment