Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Enjoy the Full Toy Box


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 16. Here is what I learned.


The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; yes, I have a good heritage. Psalm 16:6 (AMP)

My home is surrounded in beauty; You have gifted me with abundance and a rich legacy. Psalm 16:6 (VOICE)

·My share in life has been pleasant [The boundary lines fall for me in pleasant places]; my ·part [inheritance] has been beautiful. Psalm 16:6 (EXB)

.....Therein he solaced himself on earth, and delights himself in heaven; and he asks no more "GOODLY HERITAGE" than that his own beloved may be with him where he is and behold his glory. All the saints can use the language of this verse, and the more thoroughly they can enter into its contented, grateful, joyful spirit the better for themselves, and the more glorious to their God. .......Mr. Greenham was bold enough to say, "They never felt God's love, or tasted forgiveness of sin, who are discontented." Some divines think that discontent was the first sin, the rock which wrecked our race in paradise; certainly there can be no paradise where this evil spirit has power, its slime will poison all the flowers of the garden. The Treasury of David

Discontentment robs us of so much. When we are busy wishing for what we don't have, we miss enjoying what we do have. How many times to I act like a 5-year-old? I have a toy box full of toys, but I want that “new toy”. When I get that new toy, I play with it for a few seconds, only to realize it’s not as fun as I thought it would be, so it goes in the toy box with the other toys. And my attention is turned to the next new toy.  Always wanting, never satisfied, and never enjoying the fun the full toy box could provide. 

God blesses me with so much. When I spend time thanking God for what He’s given me, and enjoying the God’s blessings, I’m contented. But when I ignore what God provides and look at what I think I want, or think I need, my discontentment grows, and can often turn to bitterness and envy. 

To create a positive day, I need enjoy the full toy box that God and enjoy the contentment that grows from being thankful to God for His gift of a rich legacy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment