Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My 2 Cents!


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 100. Here is what I learned.

Since the most recent back surgery, I’ve been dealing with a new pain in the back. My doctors are working on finding the cause and how to treat it. Until then, I am in waiting mode. This morning, I woke up and began to give God my 2 cents on how He could alleviate the pain, or at least make it a bit more comfortable for me. Then I read Psalm 100:5. 

Because the Eternal is good, His loyal love and mercy will never end, and His truth will last throughout all generations. Psalm 100:5 (VOICE)

The Lord is good. His ·love [loyalty] is forever, and his ·loyalty [faithfulness] ·goes on and on [for all generations]. Psalm 100:5 (EXB)

"His mercy is everlasting." God is not mere justice, stern and cold; he has bowels of compassion, and wills not the sinner's death. Towards his own people mercy is still more conspicuously displayed; it has been theirs from all eternity, and shall be theirs world without end. Everlasting mercy is a glorious theme for sacred song. "And his truth endureth to all generations." No fickle being is he, promising and forgetting. He has entered into covenant with his people, and he will never revoke it, nor alter the thing that has gone out of his lips. As our fathers found him faithful, so will our sons, and their seed for ever. A changeable God would be a terror to the righteous, they would have no sure anchorage, and amid a changing world they would be driven to and fro in perpetual fear of shipwreck. It were well if the truth of divine faithfulness were more fully remembered by some theologians; it would overturn their belief in the final fall of believers, and teach them a more consolatory system. Our heart leaps for Joy as we bow before One who has never broken his word or changed his purpose. The Treasury of David 

"Our heart leaps for Joy as we bow before One who has never broken his word or changed his purpose." The Treasury of David 

I often try to tell God what He should be doing, like He really needs my 2¢! He not only knows the past, but if fully aware of the future. He has a specific purpose for me, and really does not need my advice on how to accomplish His purpose.  But I still want to give my 2 cents. 

Later this morning, I went upstairs to put the laundry in the washer, and opened the dryers to air them out. I found 2¢ in one of the dyers. I laughed. I think it was God telling me, "Thanks for your advise... but honestly Rhonda, you can keep your 2 cents."

To create a positive day, I need to step back and let God work, and remember, that He does not need my 2 Cents!

No comments:

Post a Comment