Thursday, July 11, 2013

Absolute Truth


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 117. Here is what I learned.

Because ·the Lord loves us very much [great is his loyalty/love toward us], and his ·truth [faithfulness] is everlasting. Praise the Lord! Psalm 117:2 (EXB) 

Truth is a representation of things as they are; and truth, therefore, must be ever the same. What was true in the first ages of the world in regard to the relation of the sum of the squares on the two sides of a right-angled triangle to the square of the hypothenuse is true now, and will always be true; and so, what God has affirmed at any one time will always remain the same in all ages and in all lands. Barnes' Notes on the Bible

God does not change. His truth does not change. I cannot decide that I want God’s Word to say something different than it does. Oh, many times I want to try to justify what I’m thinking, or doing and bend God’s truth to make it fit what I want to do. But that is not true reality. 

God’s Word is eternal, and absolute. What calls sin is sin—period. Just because I think it’s fun, or I enjoy it, I can not randomly decide one day that a sin is no longer a sin. A sin is a sin based upon a Holy, eternal , truthful God. God is pure and holy, what goes against Him and His Word is sin. 

Knowing that God’s truth does not change is a comfort. I don’t have to guess at what is truth today. Unlike our society which bases their “truths” on man’s findings, God’s truth is based on God Himself. 

To create a positive day, I only need to look to the absolute truth and live in accordance with that truth

No comments:

Post a Comment