Friday, July 12, 2013

Known by God Almighty


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 138. Here is what I learned.

Though the Lord is ·supreme [exalted], he ·takes care of [looks on] ·those who are humble [the lowly], but he ·stays away from the proud [perceives the proud from far away]. Psalm 138:6 (EXB)

Although He is greatest of all, He is attentive to the needy and keeps His distance from the proud and pompous. Psalm 138:6 (VOICE)

For though the Lord is high, yet has He respect to the lowly [bringing them into fellowship with Him]; but the proud and haughty He knows and recognizes [only] at a distance. Psalm 138:6 (AMP)

God has such respect unto the humble soul because it is a fruit of the Spirit inhabiting the soul, and an evidence of the soul's union with the Lord Jesus Christ, in whom alone we are accepted. Ebenezer Erskine 
"Though the Lord be high." In greatness, dignity, and power, Jehovah is higher than the highest. His nature is high above the comprehension of his creatures, and his glory even exceeds the loftiest soarings of imagination. "Yet hath he respect unto the lowly." He views them with pleasure, thinks of them with care, listens to their prayers, and protects them from evil. Because they think little of themselves he thinks much of them. They reverence him, and he respects them. They are low in their own esteem, and he makes them high in his esteem. The Treasury of David

I am known by God Almighty! WOW! Often, we look for the attention of those we think are important, such as celebrities, or sports stars. Oh, they may follow us on twitter or sign an autograph for us, but the attention those “starts” give us is superficial. They don’t KNOW us. 

God actually KNOWS all about me. And He wants me to know Him too. So, often we want God’s attention when things go bad, but we have no use for God when things are going great. God is not JUST the God of the bad times.... no God is there 24/7. 

The more I get to know God, the deeper the relationship with Him, the more I see God’s work in my life. God is close..... am I moving closer to Him, or farther away? It’s all about my choice in building my relationship with God. 

To create a positive day, I need to stay close to God Almighty and since He knows me, I need to spend time getting to know Him. I am known by God Almighty—there is nothing more positive than that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment