Monday, July 8, 2013

Greater Purpose


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 90. Here is what I learned.

You sweep mortals away. They are a dream. They sprout again in the morning like cut grass. Psalm 90:5 (GW)

You sweep people away like dreams that disappear. They are like grass that springs up in the morning. Psalm 90:5 (NLT)

You release the waters of death to sweep mankind away in his slumber. In the morning, we are blades of grass. Psalm 90:5 (VOICE)

Our lives are but fleeting moments. When we wake up in the morning, we don’t know what the day will hold. Each day has 24 hours, and once the day is over, it’s gone for good. Some of us may live for 60 or 80 years, others may die young. God doesn’t promise us a certain number of years, rather He does promise us eternal life, if we place our faith and trust in Him. 

24 hours. It will be gone in the blink of an eye. What will I do with this 24 hours? Will I use it wisely, or will I waste it? 24 hours. 

I am a  planner. I have my lists or goals of what I'd like to accomplish each day. Yet, as well throughout out my plans are, I don’t know all the aspects of what a day will bring forth. For example, I had planned to clean the apartment today. But, since my last surgery, I’ve had increased pain in my back, and today it was even more intense, creating muscle spasms. So, I had to forgo the cleaning. Sometimes, my plans change due to my pain level, other days my plans change due to weather, or the schedules of others. 

The other day I wrote on Facebook... “Looking forward to seeing what God has planned for me today. His plans are always so much more thought out and have a greater purpose than my plans.” I have to remember as I plan my day, that it’s best to follow God’s leading and see what He wants me to accomplish each day.
Just as soon as this day starts, it ends. What I accomplish doesn’t really matter, if I didn’t accomplish God’s plan. And knowing what God wants me to accomplish on this fleeting day, means that I have to be willing to listen to His leading. 

To create a positive day, I need to see what God has planned for me today, for His plans have a greater purpose than mine—His plans have eternal benefits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment