Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Change the Worry into Happy


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 8. Here is what I learned.

The birds in the ·sky [heavens],  the fish in the sea, and everything that ·lives under water [passes/travels on the paths of the sea. Psalm 8:8 (EXB)

I’ve learned much from Max, my parakeet, over the past 10 years. As much as I want to control him, he does things that I cannot control. He seems to understand some of what I say, “bedtime”, for example. When I say that, he walks over to me and gives me a kiss and looks down the hallway... he is ready to go into his night cage to go to sleep. But does he really understand what I say, or is it that he knows the routine of the night? 

When I watch Max, I’m amazed at how he knows how to clean his feathers. I didn’t teach him that. God instilled that knowledge into birds when he created them. I love Max’s coloring, bright yellow head and green feathers. I can’t change the coloring of his feathers, again God designed Max that way. 

When I think of the birds of the sky, I’m reminded of this verse:
“Look at the birds. They don’t plant, harvest, or gather the harvest into barns. Yet, your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you worth more than they? “Can any of you add a single hour to your life by worrying? Matthew 6:26, 27 (GW)

I have an appointment with my Pain Management Dr today. We are going to discuss the next step in trying to reduce the new pain caused by the surgery in April. To be honest, I’m a bit worried about what we might need to try. I really don’t want another procedure that can cause more irritation to the nerves.

But worrying about what MIGHT happen, doesn’t help in anyway. God has a plan and a purpose. He’s proven again and again, that He will put me exactly where He wants me to accomplish His will and purpose. 

Since God cares for the birds—I KNOW He’ll care for me. And as a reminder of God’s care, I’m taking Max with me to my Doctor’s appointment today. My Doctor likes Max and I know that she’ll enjoy seeing him again. 

To create a positive day, I need to change the worry into, as Max would say, “happy”, by trusting that God cares and really does know best. 

Update: Max enjoyed visiting with my Dr., and my Dr really enjoyed Max’s visit! And God once again showed His care and guidance. My Dr. has decided to delay any invasive treatments and opted to try some noninvasive treatments first. Thankful that God helped me change my worry into happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment