Thursday, July 18, 2013

Unforgettable Forever


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 11 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 13. Here is what I learned.

How long, O Eternal One? How long will You forget me? Forever? How long will You look the other way? Psalm 13:1 (VOICE)

How long will you forget me, Lord? Forever? How long will you hide your face from me? Psalm 13:1 (EXB)

Forever? - He had been forgotten so long, and there appeared to be so little prospect of deliverance, that it seemed as if God never would return and visit him with mercy. The expression denotes a state of mind on the verge of despair. Barnes' Notes on the Bible

Forever is a long time. And when there is sense of despair, forever is even longer. Ok, so I know “forever” can’t really get “longer” but it sure feels like it. 

Remember when you were a kid, and you were traveling? Every few minutes we asked the question, “are we there.......yet?” 10 or 15 minutes seemed like “FOREVER” when you are anticipating a fun adventure. 

When one is the midst of despair, arriving at the  place of joy, seems like that unending car ride.... “are we there YET?” Just was it appears that the destination is close, there’s a detour and that adds time and frustration as the waiting time increases. 

Forever. Will the Lord really forget me forever? The answer is no. For I am His child. And there is nothing that can separate me from His love. 

I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love which Christ Jesus our Lord shows us.[a] We can’t be separated by death or life, by angels or rulers, by anything in the present or anything in the future, by forces or powers in the world above or in the world below, or by anything else in creation. Romans 8:38-39 (GW)

Forgotten forever, is simply a feeling that Satan uses to discourage and cause fear and distrust. Forgotten forever is not a reality. Forgotten forever is not a truth. God remembers forever. He is ever present. He is watching, caring, and accomplishing His will. I have a choice, chose the falsehood of being forgotten forever, or chose the fact that I’m an unforgettable forever child of God. 

To create a positive day, I need to chose the fact that I’m an unforgettable forever child of God, traveling on the journey God designed headed to the destination of His choosing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment