Saturday, July 20, 2013

One Thing


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 27. Here is what I learned.

One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and [insistently] require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple. Psalm 27:4 (AMP)

I am pleading with the Eternal for this one thing, my soul’s desire: To live with Him all of my days—  in the shadow of His temple, To behold His beauty and ponder His ways in the company of His people. Psalm 27:4 (VOICE)

"One thing." Changes, great changes, and many bereavements there have been in my life. I have been emptied from vessel to vessel. But one thing has never failed - one thing makes me feel that my life has been one; it has calmed my joys, it has soothed my sorrows, it has guided me in difficulty, it has strengthened me in weakness. It is the presence of God - a faithful and loving God. Yes, brethren, the presence of God is not only light, it is unity. It gives unity to the heart that believes it - unity to the life that is conformed to it. It was the presence of God in David's soul that enabled him to say, "One thing have I desired of the Lord;" and in St. Paul's that enabled him to say, "This one thing I do."  George Wagner, in the "Wanderings of the Children of Israel," 1862 

One thing. If I could pick one thing... anything... what would I pick? Would I pick, to be pain free? Would I pick, money? Would I pick, material things... furniture, clothes, etc? Would I pick, friendship? What would I pick? 

Really, the best choice would be to have a deeper relationship with God. For in developing that relationship, my real needs would be make clear and be met by God. 

One thing. Yet, that one thing is the foundation for living a life in accordance to God’s will. One thing. That one thing is the most important choice, for it effects all my choices, my attitude, my perspective, my actions and reactions.... if effects my entire life. 

To create a positive day, I need to make sure that my “one thing” is that my soul’s desire is to really know and love God Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment