Saturday, July 20, 2013

Temporary Becomes Permanent


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 15. Here is what I learned.

Lord, who shall dwell [temporarily] in Your tabernacle? Who shall dwell [permanently] on Your holy hill? Psalm 15:1 (AMP)

Lord, who may ·enter [dwell/abide/sojourn in] your Holy Tent [the Tabernacle]? Who may live on your holy mountain [Mount Zion]? Psalm 15:1 (EXB)

Two words for dwell are used in Psalm 15:1:
dwell: dwell for a (definite or indefinite) time. 
dwell: to reside or permanently stay. 

As I read this verse this morning, what came to mind is how I view temporary. Sometimes we are glad for “temporary” such as with dealing with pain. When pain become permanent... that is often hard to accept. Other times, temporary can provide help while we wait for the permanent, as in a temporary crown that the Dentist provides. 

As I read Psalm 15:1, I realized that the temporary is to prepare us for the permanent. Eternity is a long time! And throughout eternity we will be praising and worshiping God Almighty. During this temporary period on earth, I need to be practicing worshiping and praising God. I’d like to be ‘prepared’ for when the temporary become permanent! 

To create a positive day, I need to make sure I’m engaged in worshiping and honoring God, so that when the temporary becomes permanent, I’m ready! 

No comments:

Post a Comment