Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Rest Contented


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 11 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 8. Here is what I learned.

I am already in the soft embrace of the Eternal, so why do you beckon me to leave, saying, “Fly like a bird to the mountains. Psalm 11:1 (VOICE)

I’ve already run for dear life straight to the arms of God. So why would I run away now? Psalm 11:1 (MSG)

I ·trust in the Lord for protection [find refuge in the Lord]. So why do you say to me, “·Fly [Flee] like a bird to your mountain. Psalm 11:1 (EXB)

Safety. Embrace. Happy. 

Yesterday, Max, my parakeet, accompanied me to my Doctor’s appointment. Throughout the office visit, Max sat on my shoulder talking and chatting. The Staff and Doctor went in and out of the door, and Max stayed contented on my shoulder. Why would he fly away, knowing that he was safe and secure on my shoulder? 

Throughout the office visit, Max talked and chatted. His favorite word was “happy”. My Doctored enjoyed Max’s visit, which was evident by her laughter. 

Max was so content and felt at ease on my shoulder, so much so, that he settled down and cleaned his feathers, walked around on my shoulder and chatted happily. Max’s actions displayed his contentment and security. 

I can think of no better place to be than in the arms of God. But there is a difference of being in the arms of God and fighting to be released, to resting and being content in the arms of God. 

Resting contented in the arms of God. I have to say that the past few months, I’ve been doing some fighting to get out of God’s soft embrace. Oh, I didn’t want to leave His embrace, but I was not content on where He “had placed me”. More pain, having to take more medications, struggling with the ‘whys’ of it all.... but thankfully, God didn’t let me break free of His embrace. Resting contented in the arms of God, knowing full well that He knows what He is doing and He has a well designed plan. I’m to simply rest and accept God’s hug. 

To create a positive day, I need to stop struggling and rest contented in the safe and secure arms of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment