Monday, July 22, 2013

God’s Mercy


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 28. Here is what I learned.



Repay them according to their work and according to the wickedness of their doings; repay them according to the work of their hands; render to them what they deserve. Psalm 28:4 (AMP)

Punish them for what they have done, for the evil they have committed. Punish them for all their deeds; give them what they deserve! Psalm 28:4 (GNT)

It’s so easy to see the sins of others! Especially, when they effect us in some way. We want vengeance and revenge. Oh, we might say that “God they sinned against You.... smite them!” But God is a God of mercy and grace... thankfully. God is Holy. Any and all sin is an abomination to Him. There are no “white lies”, there are no levels of sin... sin is sin—period.

If we ask God to judge others and punish them accordingly... then He has ever right to start with each of us! I’m thankful that God is a merciful. I’m thankful that God provided a way for my sins to be forgiven and erased. I’m thankful for a forgiving, long-suffering, and grace-giving God. Otherwise, I’d be headed for an eternity separated from Him. 


Before I ask God to punish anyone for their sins, I must first take a long hard look at my life and realize that I’m far from perfect and that without God’s mercy, I’d be receiving exactly what I deserve. 


We should be upset with we see people sinning against our great God, but we also need to remember that God doesn’t need us to protect His Name. He is God almighty and He will hold each of us accountable at the day of judgment. 

To create a positive day, I need to humbly come before God asking for forgiveness, and receiving God’s mercy, and then pray for those that don’t know His grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment