Friday, July 26, 2013

Broadcast

This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 96. Here is what I learned.

Declare His glory among the nations, His marvelous works among all the peoples. Psalm 96:3 (AMP)

Tell the nations of his glory [his manifest presence]; tell all peoples the ·miracles [wonderful acts] he does. Psalm 96:3 (EXB)

In order to “declare” or tell something, I first must KNOW it myself. That means that if I want to declare God’s glory and marvelous works to others, I first must realize and recognize them! 

What exactly is a “marvelous work” of God? First there are the “simple” things which I often overlook, like a beautiful sunrise or sunset, a rainbow, a bird singing, a beautiful cloud formation. Then there are the blessings that God provides, including friendships, encouraging words from others, a reason to smile, and unexpected surprises such as a contest win. And lastly, the eternal works, such as God’s never-ending love, care and support. 

I’m to declare, tell, show God’s marvelous works to each and every one with whom I have contact. And in order to do that, I have to be alert so that I don’t miss the amazing things God does. It’s a conscious effort to be aware of what God is doing. And when I recognize a marvelous work of God, I take the time to first, thank God, then broadcast it LOUD and often to those around me. 

How do I broadcast God’s glory and marvelous works? On Fridays I wear RED to Remember Everyone Deployed. I broadcast my support for our Military Heroes by wearing RED each Friday. It’s easy for others to see my support. Yet, I don’t have a “Marvelous Works” shirt to wear, so how do I broadcast what God is doing? 


First, I broadcast is, by the honoring God with my actions. Hopefully, as others watch me, they will see God through my actions and reactions to everyday life. 
Secondly, I broadcast by honoring God with my words (tweets, posts, etc). What I say needs to be honoring to God and reflect what God is doing in my life.
Thirdly, I broadcast by honoring God with my attitude. How do I respond when things don’t go my way? How do I respond when others “do me wrong”. How do I respond when someone says something unkind? How do I respond...... is my response God honoring? 
Lastly, I broadcast by honoring God when faced with unknowns. When I don’t understand what or why something happened or is happening, I need to continue to trust God. When life isn’t working out the way “I planned” I need to acknowledge that God’s plan has a greater purpose and trust that God in His loving kindness is working out His will.

To create a positive day, I need to broadcast God’s glory and marvelous works—first to myself, than to the world around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment