Sunday, July 28, 2013

Down Time


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 121. Here is what I learned.

The sun shall not smite you by day, nor the moon by night. Psalm 121:6 (AMP)

The sun will not hurt you during the day, nor the moon during the night. Psalm 121:6 (GNT)

"The sun shall not smite thee by day," etc. A promise made with allusion unto, and application of that care which God had over his people, when he brought them out of Egypt through the wilderness, when he guarded them from the heat of the sun by a cloud by day, and from the cold and moistness of the night and moon by a pillar of fire by night. David Dickson

Whether the sun is shining or the moon is out, God’s protection doesn’t stop. God doesn’t quit working when the sun goes down—there’s no “down time” for God. Rather God provides true 24/7 protection. 

As I read Psalm 121:6, I thought how can the moon hurt me? But then I read this: 

"Nor the moon by night." In the cloudless skies of the East, where the moon shines with such exceeding clearness, its effects upon the human frame have been found most injurious. The inhabitants of these countries are most careful in taking precautionary measures before exposing themselves to its influence. Sleeping much in the open air, they are careful to cover well their heads and faces. It has been proved beyond a doubt that the moon smites as well as the sun, causing blindness for a time, and even distortion of the features. C. W., in "The Biblical Treasury"

24/7 protection from God. God cares for His people in ways that we don’t understand or comprehend. No matter what happens, God is fully aware and allows only what will accomplish His purpose. 

To create a positive day, it is about knowing that God’s protection is 24/7 without any “down time”

No comments:

Post a Comment