Wednesday, July 31, 2013

“Pinch me, I must be dreaming!”

This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 126. Here is what I learned.

When the Lord brought back the captives [who returned] to Zion, we were like those who dream [it seemed so unreal]. Psalm 126:1 (AMP)

It seemed like a dream, too good to be true, when God returned Zion’s exiles. Psalm 126:1 (MSG)

We were like them that dream, etc. In the lapse of seventy years the hope of restoration to their land, so long deferred, had mostly gone out in despair, save as it rested (in some minds) on their faith in God's promise. The policy of those great powers in the East had long been settled, viz., to break up the old tribes and kingdoms of Western Asia; take the people into far eastern countries, and never let them return. No nation known to history, except the Jews, ever did return to rebuild their ancient cities and homes. Hence this joyous surprise. Henry Cowles, in "The Psalms; with Notes," 1872

“Pinch me, I must be dreaming!” A phrase said when something just too wonderful happens which we can’t believe it’s true. 

I have to say that I’m often surprised and need to pinch myself, how God takes care of me. God has used many unique and creative ways, to supply money for bills, prescriptions, general needs, and people to help in many ways. 

On one hand I shouldn’t be surprised or amazed when God takes care of my needs, yet, on the other hand, His goodness and creative ways cause me to be in awe. 

God keeps His promises, and although it may seem too good to be true, it’s not! 

To create a positive day, no need to “Pinch me, I must be dreaming!”—I simply need to accept God’s gracious gifts and thank Him for His goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment