Monday, July 29, 2013

His Decisions can be Trusted


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 33. Here is what I learned.

The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nought; He makes the thoughts and plans of the peoples of no effect. Psalm 33:10 (AMP)

The Lord ·upsets [frustrates] the ·plans [counsels] of nations; he ·ruins [foils] ·all their plans [the plans of the peoples]. Psalm 33:10 (EXB)

The cause of God is never in danger: infernal craft is outwitted by infinite wisdom, and Satanic malice held in check by boundless power. The Treasury of David

I’m a planner. I like to think through every aspect before I make a decision. However, I’ve learned that no matter how much I plan... there are always unknowns, or changes in circumstances for which I cannot take into account as I plan. 

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unfathomable (inscrutable, unsearchable) are His judgments (His decisions)! And how untraceable (mysterious, undiscoverable) are His ways (His methods, His paths)! For who has known the mind of the Lord and who has understood His thoughts, or who has [ever] been His counselor? Romans 11:33-34 (AMP)

When God changes my plans, I need to remember that although I may not understand why, His decisions are to be trusted! 

To create a positive day, I need to accept God’s plans, knowing that because of God’s wisdom His decisions can be trusted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment