Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Enjoy with Confidence


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 92. Here is what I learned.

How great are Your doings, O Lord! Your thoughts are very deep. Psalm 92:5 (AMP)

Your works are marvelous, O Eternal One! Your thoughts are unfathomable. Psalm 92:5 (VOICE)

"Thy thoughts." The plural of מחשׁבת, from the verb חשׁב, to meditate, to count, to weave; and this last word gives a good idea of what is here made the subject of admiration and praise, the wonderful intricacy and contrivance with which the Divine Mind designs and executes his plans, till at length the result is seen in a beautifully woven tissue of many delicately mingled and colored threads.  Christopher Wordsworth

"O Lord, how great are thy works!" He is lost in wonder. He utters an exclamation of amazement. How vast! How stupendous are the doings of Jehovah! Great for number, extent, and glory and design are all the creations of the Infinite One. "And thy thoughts are very deep." The Lord's plans are as marvellous as his acts; his designs are as profound as his doings are vast. Creation is immeasurable, and the wisdom displayed in it unsearchable. Some men think but cannot work, and others are mere drudges working without thought; in the Eternal the conception and the execution go together. Providence is inexhaustible, and the divine decrees which originate it are inscrutable. Redemption is grand beyond conception, and the thoughts of love which planned it are infinite. Man is superficial, God is inscrutable; man is shallow, God is deep. Dive as we may we shall never fathom the mysterious plan, or exhaust the boundless wisdom of the all-comprehending mind of the Lord. We stand by the fathomless sea of divine wisdom, and exclaim with holy awe, "O the depth!" The Treasury of David

God owes us no explanation of why He does what He does. He is God. Even if I can’t figure out or even imagine what God is doing, or why He allows what He does, I do know that God is God and He has purpose that is far greater than anything I could imagine. 

I often wonder, why I think I can figure out what God is doing. I can’t even grasp the beauty of a sunrise, or understand how a bird can fly. So, why do I even begin to think I know what God is doing... or why He’s doing it? 

To create a positive day, I only have to enjoy with confidence that God’s way are much greater than mine, and trust Him as He accomplishes His plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment