Thursday, June 20, 2013

Wait


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 27. Here is what I learned.

·Wait for [Hope in] the Lord’s help. Be strong and let your heart be brave, and ·wait for [hope in] the Lord’s help. Psalm 27:14 (EXB)

Stay with God! Take heart. Don’t quit. I’ll say it again: Stay with God. Psalm 27:14 (MSG)

Please answer me: Don’t give up. Wait for the Eternal in expectation, and be strong. Again, wait for the Eternal. Psalm 27:14 (VOICE)

Wait, I say, on the Lord; this is repeated, to express the importance of this duty, and to encourage to it. Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible 

Wait on the Lord - This is the sum of all the instruction in the psalm; the main lesson which the psalm is designed to convey. The object is to induce others, from the experience of the psalmist, to trust in the Lord; to rely upon Him; to come to Him in trouble and danger; to wait for His interposition when all other resources fail.
Wait, I say, on the Lord - Repeating an idea with which the heart was full; a lesson resulting from his own rich experience. He dwells upon it as a lesson which he would fix deeply in the mind, that in all times of danger and difficulty, instead of despondency, instead of sinking down in despair, instead of giving up all effort, we should go forward in the discharge of duty, putting our trust solely in the Lord. Barnes' Notes on the Bible

When something is worth repeating.... it’s worth paying attention to, and worth doing. Wait on the Lord. No matter the circumstances you may find yourself, wait on the Lord. If you are seeking answers, wait on the Lord. If you want to know what direction to go, wait on the Lord. 

Wait on the Lord. Don’t move ahead without Him. Wait on the Lord, trust in Him and what He is doing. 

To create a positive day, I need to wait on the Lord and that means fully trusting in what He is doing, where He is leading, and His timing for it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment