Saturday, June 22, 2013

Heart-Voice


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 28. Here is what I learned.

Hear the sound of my ·prayer [supplication], when I cry out to you for help. I raise my hands toward your Most Holy Place [C the place where God made his presence known, the sanctuary]. Psalm 28: 2 (EXB)

I’m letting you know what I need, calling out for help And lifting my arms toward your inner sanctum. Psalm 28: 2 (MSG)

Hear the voice of my supplication as I cry to You for help, as I lift up my hands toward Your innermost sanctuary (the Holy of Holies). Psalm 28:2 (AMP)

The word "supplications," in the plural, shows the number, continuance, and variety of a good man's prayers, while the expression, "hear the voice," seems to hint that there is an inner meaning, or heart-voice, about which spiritual men are far more concerned than for their outward and audible utterances. The Treasury of David

Heart-voice. What is my heart crying out to God? Am I concerned with material things that don’t matter? Or am I concerned with my relationship with God and where I stand in relation to a Holy God? 

Heart-voice vs head voice. My head often thinks I need something or I want to demand something from God. Yet, whom am I to demand anything from a Holy God? 

I can enter the Holy of Holies, the presence of God, only because of His grace and mercy. When I enter His presence, I can then humbly let my heart-voice pour out to my Heavenly Father. 

To create a positive day, it must begin with spending time in God’s presence and pouring out  heart-voice to a gracious and merciful God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment