Saturday, June 22, 2013

God’s Joy-Clothes!


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 30. Here is what I learned.

You changed my ·sorrow [mourning] into dancing. You took away my ·clothes of sadness [sackcloth], and clothed me in ·happiness [joy]. Psalm 30:11 (EXB)

You did it: You turned my deepest pains into joyful dancing; You stripped off my dark clothing and covered me with joyful light. Psalm 30:11 (VOICE)

You did it: you changed wild lament into whirling dance; You ripped off my black mourning band and decked me with wildflowers. Psalm 30:11 (MSG)

"Thou hast girded me with gladness." My "sackcloth" was but a loose garment about me, which might easily be put off at pleasure, but my "gladness" is girt about me, to be fast and sure, and cannot leave me though it would; at least none shall be able to take it from me. Sir Richard Baker
Observe the contrast, God takes away the mourning of his people; and what does he give them instead of it? Quiet and peace? Ay, and a great deal more than that. "Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing." He makes their hearts to dance at the sound of his name. He takes off their sackcloth. That is good. What a delight to be rid of the habiliments of woe! But what then? He clothes us. And how? With some common dress? Nay, but with that royal vestment which is the array of glorified spirits in heaven. "Thou hast girded me with gladness." This is better than to wear garments of silk or cloth of gold, bedight with embroidery and bespangled with gems. Many a poor man wears this heavenly apparel wrapped around his heart, though fustian and corduroy are his only outward garb; and such a man needs not envy the emperor in all his pomp. Glory be to thee, O God, if, by a sense of full forgiveness and present justification, thou hast enriched my spiritual nature, and filled me with all the fullness of God. The Treasury of David

What am I going to wear? Do I want to remain in the sadness and despair of sackcloth? Or do I want to be “girded” in happiness and ultimate joy? It’s a choice. I can choose to remain in the sadness and despair, or I can be dressed in God’s joy-clothes! 

One thing about God’s joy-clothes, they are the perfect outfit for any situation! You’ll always be styling in God’s joy-clothes! 

To create a positive day, I have to shed the clothes of sadness and despair and make sure that I am fully clothed in God’s Joy-Clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment