Sunday, June 23, 2013

Actively Magnify


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 57. Here is what I learned.

God is ·supreme [exalted] over the ·skies [heavens]; his ·majesty [glory; his manifest presence] ·covers [is over] the earth. Psalm 57:5 (EXB)

Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens! May your glory shine over all the earth. Psalm 57:5 (NLT)

Exalted: A primitive root; to be high actively, to rise or raise, exalt, extol. 

Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens. The language here is that of a man who in trouble lifts his thoughts to God; who feels that God reigns; who is assured in his own soul that all things are under his hand; and who is desirous that God should be magnified whatever may become of himself. His prime and leading wish is not for himself, for his own safety, for his own deliverance from danger; it is that "God" may be honored - that the name of God may be glorified - that God may be regarded as supreme over all things - that God may be exalted in the highest possible degree - an idea expressed in the prayer that he may be exalted "above the heavens." Barnes' Notes on the Bible  

........desirous that God should be magnified whatever may become of himself (myself). I’m to be ACTIVELY magnifying God... it’s not about me... it’s to be ALL about Him! 

Glorifying God is not a one time thing. I’m to be ACTIVELY magnifying God.... on an ongoing basis. Magnifying God is not to happen just when I feel like it, or when I think things are going well, or when I’m happy, or not struggling..... it is to happen because GOD is worthy of being magnified. Magnifying God is to be based on HIM, who He is, and what He does. 

If I make  it a point to actively magnify God throughout the day, it will create a positive day for me... and those around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment