Saturday, June 29, 2013

My Worth


 This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 33. Here is what I learned.

So our hope is in the Lord.  He is our help, our shield to protect us.  Psalm 33:20 (EXB)

Our inner selves wait [earnestly] for the Lord; He is our Help and our Shield. Psalm 33:20 (AMP)

We’re depending on God; he’s everything we need. Psalm 33:20 (MSG)

There is an excellent story of a young man, that was at sea in a mighty raging tempest; and when all the passengers were at their wits' end for fear, he only was merry; and when he was asked the reason of his mirth, he answered, "That the pilot of the ship was his father, and he knew his father would have a care of him." The great and wise God, who is our Father, hath from all eternity decreed what shall be the issue of all wars, what the event of all troubles; he is our pilot, he sits at the stern; and though the ship of the church or state be in a sinking condition, yet be of good comfort, our Pilot will have a care of us. There is nothing done in the lower house of Parliament on earth, but what is first decreed in the higher house in heaven. All the lesser wheels are ordered and overruled by the upper. Are not five sparrows, saith Christ, sold for a farthing? One sparrow is not worth half a farthing. And there's no man shall have half a farthing's worth of harm more than God hath decreed from all eternity.  Edmund Calamy


How much am I worth? God considered me to be worthy of sacrificing His Son, so that I could enjoy His mercy and grace and spend eternity with Him. Since I am worth THAT to God.... I can be assured that He will not only provide me everything I need, but will make sure that I’m equipped to handle anything He allows to come my way. 

To create a positive day, I only have to remember how God views my worth,  and live in accordance to that worthiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment