Monday, June 24, 2013

Just Because!

This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 61. Here is what I learned.


Let me ·live [sojourn] in your ·Holy Tent [tent; the sanctuary] forever. Let me find ·safety [refuge] in the shelter of your wings [an image of compassion, or perhaps referring to the cherubim whose wings cover the Ark of the Covenant]. ·Selah [Interlude] Psalm 61:4 (EXB)

Let me live forever in your sanctuary, safe beneath the shelter of your wings! Interlude Psalm 61:4 (NLT)

I will dwell in Your tabernacle forever; let me find refuge and trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! Psalm 61:4 (AMP)

When Max, my parakeet, gets scared he likes to be either of two places, in the corner of his night cage, or on my shoulder snuggles close to my ear. I’ve also learned that Max likes to be on my shoulder when simply wants to be near me. Knowing that I am a “safe refuge” when Max is scared, he also enjoys being near me “just because.”

Knowing that God provides a safe and secure place when I as scared, gives me assurance that I can enjoy His company, “just because”. 

Just because. There are people in my life with whom I enjoy spending time, due to the fact that I feel safe with them, and we have a great time. Often it doesn’t have to be any “reason” to get together.... rather “just because”. 

Just because. I know that I can go to God for compassion, safety, and refuge. But the great truth is, that I can go to God... just because! I don’t have to have any reason, or need. I can enjoy God’s refuge and presence... just because 

To create a positive day, I only have to find refuge and shelter in the presence of God.... and know that I don’t need any other reason... except.. Just Because! 

No comments:

Post a Comment