Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Feast on the Worthy, Satisfying Seeds


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 1. Here is what I learned.

Wicked people are not like that. Instead, they are like husks that the wind blows away. Psalm 1:4 (GW)

But wicked people are not like that. They are like chaff that the wind blows away [dead, unstable]. Psalm 1:4 (EXB)

One important fact that I had to learn quickly regarding caring for my parakeet, Max, is regarding his seed. Max cracks open the seed with his beak, and eats the kernel inside, leaving behind the husks. Looking at his food dish, it looks full, however it is actually empty... just full of empty husks. If I didn’t learn this fact quickly, Max would have starved. 

The empty husks have no value, they are empty and worthless. So often, the things of the world look so good and appetizing, yet in reality they are empty and of no value... simply worthless husks. 

I have a choice to make, enjoy the company and empty husks the world offers, or enjoy the rich, full, satisfying blessings God provides. 

Starve on the worthless husks, or feast on the worthy seeds.  Which will I choose? It is an ongoing choice as the world’s husks look so tempting. 

To create a positive day, I need to choose to feast on the worthy, satisfying seeds and let the worthless husks blow away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment