Saturday, May 25, 2013

Knowledge and Experience!


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 62. Here is what I learned.



With God rests my salvation and my glory; He is my Rock of unyielding strength and impenetrable hardness, and my refuge is in God! Psalm 62:7 (AMP)

My salvation and my significance depend ultimately on God; the core of my strength, my shelter, is in the True God. Psalm 62:7 (VOICE)

My help and glory are in God—granite-strength and safe-harbor-God— Psalm 62:7 (MSG)

In God is my salvation and my glory. Wherein should we glory but in him who saves us? Our honour may well be left with him who secures our souls. To find all in God, and to glory that it is so, is one of the sure, marks of an enlightened soul. "The rock of my strength, and my refuge is in God." He multiplies titles, for he would render much honour to the Lord, whom he had tried, and proved to be a faithful God under so many aspects; Ignorance needs but few words, but when experience brings a wealth of knowledge, we need varied expressions to serve as coffers for our treasure. God who is our rock when we flee for shelter, is also our strong rock when we stand firm and defy the foe; he is to be praised under both characters. 
Observe how the Psalmist brands his own initials upon every name which he rejoicingly gives to his God - my expectation, my rock, my salvation, my glory, my strength, my refuge; he is not content to know that the Lord is all these things; he acts faith towards him, and lays claim to him under every character.  

If our experience has not yet enabled us to realize the Lord under any of these consoling titles, we must seek grace that we may yet be partakers of their sweetness. The bees in some way or other penetrate the flowers and collect their juices; it must be hard for them to enter the closed cups and mouthless bags of some of the favorites of the garden, yet the honey-gatherers find or make a passage; and in this they are our instructors, for into each delightful name, character, and office of our covenant God our persevering faith must find an entrance, and from each it must draw delight. The Treasury of David

There is a difference between knowledge and experience. Knowing a fact is a good place to start, but there is something said for experiencing something. Knowing that God CAN do something is a great assurance, but EXPERIENCING God DOING something on your behalf is a blessing that exceeds explanation. 

To create a positive day, I start with getting to KNOW God, then enjoy the experiences of God working in my life. When I have both the knowledge and experience, my life is filled with gratitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment