Monday, May 20, 2013

Teachable with Follow Through

This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 27. Here is what I learned.

Teach me your way, O Lord. Lead me on a level path because I have enemies who spy on me. Psalm 27:11 (GW)

Point me down your highway, God; direct me along a well-lighted street; show my enemies whose side you’re on. Psalm 27:11 (MSG)

Lord, teach me your ways, and guide me ·to do what is right [on a straight/right path] because ·I have [of my] enemies. Psalm 27:11 (EXB)

"Teach me thy way, O Lord." He does not pray to be indulged with his own way, but to be informed as to the path in which the righteous Jehovah would have him walk. This prayer evinces an humble sense of personal ignorance, great teachableness of spirit, and cheerful obedience of heart.
"Lead me in a plain path." Help is here sought as well as direction; we not only need a map of the way, but a guide to assist us in the journey. The Treasury of David

Teachable. If I ask God to teach me, I need to be teachable. That means that I need to be open to what God wants to teach me, and I need to be wiling to learn. No preconceived ideas. No “I know it all” attitude. No ignoring the lessons. And most of all, no “I’ve learned that before”! Because if God is teaching me... again, I must not have really learned it the first time. 

Then once I learn what God is teaching, I need to follow through. I need to learn the path God wants me to walk, and once I learn it, I must be willing to walk it. Knowing the way and not following through, won’t get me very far. 

How often have I known what God wants me to do... and I remain standing still. If I’m not walking the path God has prepared, I’m not only guilty of disobedience, but I’ll miss out on the blessings God has along the path.

Teachable with follow through—only both those actions will create a positive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment