Friday, May 24, 2013

No Miscommunication


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 61. Here is what I learned.

O God, you have heard my vows. You have given me the inheritance that belongs to those who fear your name. Psalm 61:5 (GW)

For You, O God, have heard my vows; You have given me the heritage of those who fear, revere, and honor Your name. Psalm 61:5 (AMP)

"For thou, O God, hast heard my vows." Proofs of divine faithfulness are to be had in remembrance, and to be mentioned to the Lord's honour. The prayer of Psalm 61:1 is certain of an answer because of the experience of Psalm 61:5, since we deal with an immutable God. "Vows" may rightly be joined with prayers when they are lawful, well-considered, and truly for God's glory. It is great mercy on God's part to take any notice of the vows and promises of such faithless and deceitful creatures as we are. What we promise him is his due already, and yet he deigns to accept our vows as if we were not so much his servants as his free suitors who could give or withhold at pleasure. The Treasury of David

Often I think I hear what someone is saying, but I don’t really hear them, because I’m thinking of my answer, or my mind as wandered elsewhere, or I’m distracted. 

The word, “heard” in Psalm 61:5 means “to hear intelligently”. God not only HEARS, He understands and grasps exactly what I’m saying. There is no miscommunication between what I say and what God hears. He is listening!

Since there is no miscommunication between me and God, I need to make sure that any vows I do make are such that I will fulfill them. Taking with God is a privilege and yet there is also responsibility in prayer. God graciously allows me to come before Him and talk about anything, that is a great comfort. I also need to remember that God is not just my Father, but He is God Almighty! He is loving and caring, but also Holy. God is listening... what exactly is it that I’m saying?  God is listening.... is what I’m saying worth His time? 

To create a positive day, I need to communicate with God, knowing that there will be no miscommunication.

No comments:

Post a Comment