Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Abundant Strength


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 28. Here is what I learned.

The Lord is powerful; he ·gives victory [is a saving refuge] to his ·chosen one [anointed]. Psalm 28:8 (EXB)

The Lord is the strength of his people and a fortress for the victory of his Messiah. Psalm 28:8 (GW)

The Lord is their [unyielding] Strength, and He is the Stronghold of salvation to [me] His anointed. Psalm 28:8 (AMP)

Strength: boldness, loud, might, power, strength, strong.

The Lord is their strength - Margin, "his strength." The Hebrew is, "their strength," or "strength to them." The allusion is to the people of God. The course of thought seems to be, that the psalmist, having derived in his own case assistance from God, or having found God a strength to him, his mind turns from this fact to the general idea that God was the strength of "all" who were in similar circumstances; or that all His people might confide in Him as he had done. Barnes' Notes on the Bible

God not only give strength... He Himself is the strength. The very power of God is available and graciously given to each of us. 

So, if the strength of God... God Himself is available to me, why do I try to “go it alone” and “do it on my own power”? 

The Lord is the strength, and He knows exactly how much power I’ll need to get through the day. He knows if I need physical strength, emotional strength, spiritual strength... doesn’t matter God is the very strength I need. 

To create a positive day, I only need to rely on God’s abundant strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment