Sunday, January 6, 2013

Where do I stand?


Throughout this year, each day of the month, I'm "Treasure Hunting" in a Psalm. I've created a "Ponder Every Morsel of Truth" Book to record the truths as I learn them. The Sixth of each Month, I'm studying Psalm 43. Here's what Treasure I found today. 

When I first read Psalm 43 today, I immediately thought of the state of our Nation (USA) and how it has became a Nation of the dishonest and unjust. As a Nation, we have ignored God and have decided “we know best”. I thought how this Psalm could have been written today.

For example, recently a news commentary mentioned that the Bible should be re-written, for it’s “out of date”. That is pure arrogance of man. We don’t  “change” the Bible based on what we want. Rather, the Bible is God’s Word. It is an absolute. It does not change. If we don’t agree with what the Bible says, then we are “at fault” and need to readjust our thinking to what God’s Word says. 

The more I thought about this Psalm, I had to pause and back up to the first line... 
Vindicate me, my God.
Psalm 43:1 (NIV)

The Psalmist is asking God to plead his case, to let everyone know that the Psalmist is has not done wrong, rather is living his life as God-pleasing rather than man-pleasing. Would I be so bold as to ask God to plead my case? Could I ask God to plead my case, in other words, am I living a life such as that “the dishonest and unjust” would accuse me? 

The difference between the Psalmist and his accusers is the simple fact that the Psalmist recognizes Who God is, and the redemptive gift God provides. Based on that fact, I too then can ask God to plead my case. 

But when the kindness of God our Saviour, and his love toward man, appeared, not by works done in righteousness, which we did ourselves, but according to his mercy he saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, which he poured out upon us richly, through Jesus Christ our Saviour. Titus 3:4-6 (ASV)

Where do I stand? Because of God’s grace and mercy, I as a child of His. Because of God’s grace and mercy, I am forgiven. Because of God’s grace and mercy, I can ask God to plead my case. Because of God’s grace and mercy.... there are so many benefits! 

Creating a positive day, is not about what I do, rather it’s about WHO I am in Christ Jesus! Knowing I’m forgiven and saved makes for a positive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment