Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Shout & Leap for Joy!


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 100. Here is what I learned. 


Shout triumphantly to the LORD,
all the earth.
Psalm 100:1 (HCS)

Shout happily to the LORD,
all the earth.
Psalm 100:1 (GW)


Shout: exult, triumph, leap for joy. glad shout

The word used for “shout” is one to also convey public worship with music and sacrifice. I am to be SHOUTING our praise to God, and should be doing it HAPPILY and JOYOUSLY! 

As I thought about Psalm 100:1, what I pictured was a concert. If you have ever been to a concert, then you know that audience can’t help but sing along as the performer(s) sing. At some concerts depending on your seat, it’s hard to actually hear the performer, due to the audiences “shouting” the songs. 

Even more than shouting happily at a concert, I should be shouting worship praise to my God. These are not to be just “random” shouts, but rather shouts of joy and worship directed to my Heavenly Father. Yet, in order for me to be able to shout to my God, I need to recognize Who He is, and all that He is. 

Our happy God should be worshipped by a happy people; a cheerful spirit is in keeping with his nature, his acts, and the gratitude which we should cherish for his mercies in every land Jehovah's goodness is seen, therefore in every land should he be praised. The Treasury of David

Going back to the concert venue, the performers always sing old songs mixed in with their newer songs. Why? Because the performers know that to keep the audience engaged, the audience need to know the  songs. When the audience knows the words, they can “shout” and create a fun concert. 

So, back to Psalm 100:1, if I’m to “Shout happily to the LORD” I need to KNOW God. How do I get to know God? It starts with reading His Word, the Bible. And recognizing God working in my life each and very day. 

What can I shout to God in worship and praise? 1) He is a very loving God. 2) He is a very caring God. 3) He is a holy God. 4) He is faithful. 5) He is truthful. 6) God is good—all the time! And all the time God is good! 
Those are just a few facts about God that I can shout and leap for joy about as I worship Him. 

Creating a positive day is getting to know Who God is, recognizing Him working in my life, and then SHOUTING and LEAPING for joy in praise to my awesome God!


No comments:

Post a Comment