Announcement Part 4— I'm moving!
If you missed parts 1, 2 and 3, you can find them here:
The thought of buying a home was overwhelming. The cost, the responsibility, the cost. Yet, all I could hear from God was,
"Chill Rhonda, I have it under control."God
And as I stopped to think of all God has done for me, especially over the past 14 years since my initial back injury—I knew several things:
- 1. God is faithful.
- 2. God has unlimited resources.
- 3. God is VERY creative in supplying all my needs.
- 4. God is a God of details. Nothing escapes His attention.
- 5. God knows my needs today, tomorrow, and in the future.
- 6. God loves me.
- 7. God is trustworthy.
- 8. God has blessed me abundantly in the past, and if He chooses, He can do it again.
- 9. God gives wisdom and will guide me in making the right decisions.
- 10. God will never abandon me.
So, as I continued to pray about the home that God would provide, I thought though my needs and wants.
- 3 Bedrooms — a need. A bedroom for me, and one for my parents and the 3rd would be a study for my Dad.
- Walk in shower — a need. As my parents age, it is safer for them. And in the years to come, it will be easier for me too, with my back and leg injury.
- Location — a need. Within my driving distance to Church, Drs, and grocery stores.
- No or very small step at the entrances — need.
- Pool — a
need, no make that a want. The pool is great therapy for my back/leg. But there are other resources for a pool, such as the local YMCAs.
After seeing the home in Part 3... I had a few wishes:
- I really liked the idea of wood floors. Vacuuming carpet is a pain for me literally. But, most homes in the price range I was considering had carpet.
- I liked the lanai. A great place to enjoy the outdoors protected from bugs.
So the hunt for a home continued, and I needed to remember God's message: "Chill Rhonda, I have it under control."
Click here for Announcement Part 5—I'm moving!