Friday, April 4, 2014

The Best

"The desires of good people lead straight to the best" Proverbs 11:23a (MSG)
I have this verse posted on a closet door. 
Desires: distinctly good sense
Good: righteous man 
Best: good = benefit 

"Trust the Lord, and do good things. Live in the land, and practice being faithful. Be happy with the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Entrust your ways to the Lord. Trust him, and he will act on your behalf." Psalm 37:3-5 (GW)

Trust the LORD: my trust is not in RHONDA.. but my trust, reliance is to be in God!
Do: accomplish
Good: rich, valuable in estimation
Happy (delight): take exquisite delight; to be soft or pliable
Desires: request, petition
Entrust: roll, roll away, remove
Ways: course of life, or action, undertakings
Trust: be bold confident, secure, sure, put confidence, make to hope
Act: absolute act, act with effect 

As I read these verses this morning, God reminded me that He wants what is BEST for me.... in order that I accomplish HIS will. It's not about "me", rather it's about me surrendering to God and allowing Him to work so that He receives glory and honor. 

As I prepare to move and make plans to move, I need to step back and remove "Rhonda" from the forefront. I'm to put my reliance in God so that He can accomplish good! 
I've always found the meaning of the word, "delight" interesting. To be soft and pliable. Reminds me of when I played with Play Dough. When the dough is kept in the tightly sealed jars, it was fun to take it out and play with it... it was soft and pliable and didn't take much work to form it into shapes. 
Yet, when I left the lid off, the dough became hard. It took a lot of effort to mold it, and often I'd just give up and throw it away. 
"Rhonda" means strong and powerful. Too often, I leave the "lid off" of my heart thinking I know best and can figure all the details of life out on my own. Yet, I soon realize, that being tough and hard, only makes it more difficult for God to work with me to create His masterpiece. 

If I'm soft and pliable, and I have the good sense to fully trust God, He will accomplish His will and purpose. He will lead me straight to the BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment