Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Penny for Your Thoughts


Yesterday, while doing laundry, I found a shiny new penny in the dryer. I think this was God's way of saying, "A penny for your thoughts". 

I'm a planner.... I like everything in line, all my 't's" crossed, "i's" dotted, etc. I am learning, especially these past 13 years, that I can plan all I want, but God has His own plan and He likes to add twists and turns, just to make sure I'm FOLLOWING Him, and I don't take over the LEAD. 

I posted my poem, "What a day brings forth", the other day. A good reminder that God has a specific plan and purpose and will accomplish it all in HIS time. 

I talk with God often... yet at times, I find myself, "telling God" how I think things should happen. I know... like I know best!?? 
The shiny new penny was a reminder that I'm to share my thoughts, my desires, my concerns with God... but then I need to LISTEN and allow God to share His thoughts and plans with me. I need to take a step back and give God time to accomplish His plan. 
"A penny for your thoughts".... yes, I'll continue to share my thoughts with God... I only need to remember to allow God to share His thoughts with me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment