Saturday, September 14, 2013

VICTORY LANE


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 146. Here is what I learned.


Do not put your ·trust [confidence] in princes or other people, who cannot ·save you [give you victory].
Happy [Blessed] are those who are helped by the God of Jacob [another name for Israel]. Their hope is in the Lord their God.  Psalm 146:3, 5 (EXB)

Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no help. Happy (blessed, fortunate, enviable) is he who has the God of [special revelation to] Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God. Psalm 146: 3, 5 (AMP)

I won tickets to the Chicagoland Speedway for the weekend. Today, I arrived at the track early, to pick up the tickets and enjoy watching the trucks practice. Those were MY plans!

Had a great trip to the Track, including meeting some nice people at Dunkin’ Donuts! I arrived at the track and parked in the most perfect spot. Big different between Truck race days, and Nationwide and Sprint Cup days. Not many people attend the Truck races. 
I went to the Will Call booth to pick up the tickets. However, they could not find the tickets. I called the contact person who told me I won.... she was in a meeting.
So, I slowly returned to the car to wait. Met some nice people along the way. I reclined in the car and read Psalm 146. As I read verses 3 and 5... I laughed. 

Do not put your trust in man.........there is no help. Happy is the man who is helped by God. As I reclined in the car, I simply smiled. As humans, we make mistakes, and there are those who we know cannot be trusted. But God is a constant and never changes. He is steadfast and sure. 

As I looked up from reading Psalms, I noticed the “Lost and Found” sign waving nearby. I laughed out loud. Yes, the tickets were LOST, and there was nothing I could do to find them. I had to wait. 

About an hour later, I received a phone call, that the Representative would meet me at Will Call. I arrived and was given my tickets.

Why did God have me wait and miss some of the truck practice? Not sure exactly why, but I did learn that even when I carefully plan my day, God can change it to make it fit His plan. During that waiting time, I was able to talk with some EMTs and other people so, the time was not wasted. Plus, the wait allowed me time to let my pain level lower from the ride to the track. 

To create a positive day, I need to not trust in man..... rather keep my trust and hope in God, for He will provide the real VICTORY..... or to put it racing lingo—I’ll be in VICTORY LANE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment