Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Growing in the Knowledge


This year, I'm sharing my "Treasures" of my study of my "Ponder the Morsels" book. I've picked 31 Psalms to study throughout 2013. Today I studied Psalm 100. Here is what I learned.


Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his[a]; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Psalm 100:3 (NIV)

Knowledge provides a good foundation. If I “know” that the Lord is God, that creates a firm foundation on which I can rest secure. Since the fact that the Lord is God is truth, that fact allows me to trust all that the Lord says in His Word. He is truth, therefore, He can only speak truth. 

Know ye that the Lord he is God - Acknowledge in every possible way, both in public and private, that Jehovah, the uncreated self-existent, and eternal Being, is Elohim, the God who is in covenant with man, to instruct, redeem, love, and make him finally happy. Clarke's Commentary on the Bible

Knowledge can be gained in several ways. 1. Study, in this case studying God’s Word. 2. Experience. 3. From other’s who have studied or experienced. 

I went to college and graduated with a BS degree. I have a diploma which states that I studied and passed the requirements to be awarded that diploma. I gained the knowledge necessary to be awarded the degree. 

God doesn’t give diplomas. But I would still like to strive to master what I need to understand and know about God.... so that I can achieve a deeper understanding and appreciation for Who God is and all He does for me. 

To create a positive day, I need to continue in growing in the knowledge that the Lord is God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment